Research @ DIT University
Since its inception in 2013, one of the prime goals of DITU is to apply the potential strength of individuals and the departments to provide high quality research through learning and knowledge sharing.
The main objectives of the DITU’s research initiatives are to:
- Instill research culture throughout the university.
- Promote internal mechanisms which may facilitate achieving high quality research.
- Achieve international-quality research in selected themes, encouraging a certain amount of fundamental research whilst focusing on applied research.
- Improve the depth and breadth of research in the University, as reflected in year-on-year growth of research scholars.
- Support academic activities of the university by supplementing with research oriented courses in on-going undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Encourage the research fraternity at DITU to write research proposals, attract funding for projects that are of prime importance in the present global scenario.
Research at a Glance
The University got its University status in the year 2013. The research programs at the DITU had progressed as follows:
- PhD Programme started with only five full time students
- Thirty four more students registered in 2014.
- Presently sixty-eight students are enrolled for PhD programme at DITU.
- Fifty students have completed their course-work.
- Thirty four students appeared through at least one RDC and their research topics have been finalized.
- Five students are close to writing their PhD thesis.
- Over 300 research papers have been published in high impact Journals.
- Few new research labs have been added and some more have been planned.
- Research scholars are offered fellowships/teaching assistantship to support themselves.
- Seed money is offered to newly joined faculty to start-up their research programme before they could attract finances on projects from other funding agencies (List of funding agencies).
- As of 2015-16, Twenty-four fully funded research projects are running across the University in various disciplines of Physics, Electronics and Communication Engg.., Mechanical Engg., Electrical Engg., CSE, IT and Pharmacy.
- Some fifteen Conferences/Symposia/workshops were organized by various departments of the DITU.
- DITU encourages and funds its faculty members to attend National/International conferences held in India and abroad. A large number of our faculty participated (and presented papers) in such conferences in different parts of India. In the last two years, faculty members of DITU also went to attend International Conferences in USA and Europe and participants of six such Conferences have been funded by the University.
The University considers Consultancy Projects as an important means for extending benefit of scientific research of the University to various sections of the industry and government, thus broadening the experience base of the University community. It contributes to the industrial and economic growth of the state and country as a whole. Consultancy services are encouraged in specialized areas where the University has exclusive competency, and not the areas of routine work. The faculty members, while undertaking such projects, are expected to uphold the reputation and prestige of the University at all times.
Dr. S. K.Gupta CPhys. MInstP
Dean R & C
Dr. Gupta did his PhD from University of Roorkee (Presently IIT Roorkee). He worked as Senior Research Scientist at ICI Labs (E-Group) England and also as research officer at School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Sciences at the University of Wales Bangor, U.K. His main area of research is Langmuir-Blodgett films (ultra-film monomolecular films).