Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between a Deemed university and State Private University?
- There is hardly any difference between a Private University or a Deemed University. If you are planning to do graduation or post graduation in engineering, management, Pharmacy, Architecture, etc. then you can opt for any of the recognized universities, private or deemed.
However deemed University status is conferred by the Central Governments under section 3 of UGC act 1956, while the Private University status is conferred by State Governments under section 2 (f) of UGC act of 1956.
Some important features of Private and Deemed Universities are described below.
- It is autonomous in the sense of setting its own educational agenda (courses, syllabus, teaching methodologies and examination systems).
- It is administratively autonomous in the sense that it does not need to abide by the rules and regulations of any other university on administrative matters.
- It can award degrees under its own name.
- Various Programs with Inception year:
- What is the students strength of DIT University?
- DIT has about 6000 students from all over India & Abroad enrolled for various graduate, post graduate and doctoral professional programs.
- What are the various programs of DIT University?
a) Civil Engineering
b) Computer Science & Engineering
c) Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Big data Analytics in association with IBM
d) Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Cloud Computing & Virtualization in association with IBM
e) Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in Cyber Security & Forensics in association with IBM
f) Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in ERP association with SAP
g) Electrical Engineering
h) Electronics & Communication Engineering
i) Electronics Engineering with Specialization in IOT (Internet of Things) in association with IBM
j) Information Technology
k) Mechanical Engineering
l) Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in Automobile Engineering
m) Petroleum Engineering
n) MTech in Scientific Computing(Integrated Five years program)**
- BTech-Lateral Entry for Diploma Holders
a) Computer Science & Engineering
b) Information Technology
c) Electronics & Communication Engineering
d) Mechanical Engineering
e) Electrical Engineering
f) Civil Engineering
g) Petroleum Engineering
- BPharm and BPharm-Lateral Entry for Diploma Holders
a) Business Analytics
b) Marketing Management
c) Financial Management
d) Human Resource Management
- MCA-Lateral Entry
- MPharm – Pharmaceutics
a) MTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
b) MTech in Digital Communication
c) MTech in Computer Science & Engineering
d) MTech in Mechanical Engineering
e) MTech in CAD/CAM
f) MTech in Electrical Engineering
g) MTech in Civil Engineering specialization with Structural Engineering
h) MTech in Construction Engineering & Management
i) MSc Mathematics & Computing
j) MSc in Physics with Specialization in Electronics
- DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PhD):
a) Civil Engineering
b) Computer Science Engineering
c) Electrical Engineering
d) Electronics & Communication Engineering
e) Mechanical Engineering
- What is the average strength of the class?
- Generally the strength of a class is 60-70 students per section however for labs and tutorial the entire section is divided in 2-3 groups.
- What is the placement record in BTech?
- DIT University ensure excellent placement year after year record of placement. It has a record of 90% and above placements for the last three years and the record can be seen on the Website with student’s names and the companies they are placed in. DIT University has a well established Centralized Training & Placement Cell which has a corporate office in Delhi. All renowned core & IT companies regularly visit us & recruit our students. The placement has been consistently above 90%. The package varies from Rs.4.5 to max of Rs. 16 Lac.
The placements are still on for 2016 batchHighest Salary Offered
16 L (For Petroleum-Mount Meru-Tanzania)
Average Salary Offered
- What is relative Grading?
- Relative grading consists of comparison between a student and others in the same class for a given course. Those that perform better than most other students receive higher grades. Relative grading system uses some measure of the percentage of students that will be assigned certain grades depending on how less or more they have scored with respect to the average marks of that particular course using normal distribution. It Emphasizes competition among group members and does not accurately reflect any objective level of achievement.
- Is an in-campus Hostel facility available for students?
- Hostel facility is available but at the time of counselling hostel is given on merit
- What is the eligibility criteria for BTech Program?
- Eligibility Criteria for BTech Program is:
Minimum aggregate 60% marks in Xth Std & 65% in XIIth Std & Minimum 60% in Physics, Maths, English and Chemistry/Biology/Computers in XIIth Std level.
For Eligibility criteria for all other programs: Please visit programs and admissions section on our website.
- How important are JEE results? What is the cut-off rank?
Majority of the admissions are based on JEE Score. Some percentage of admission is also through 10+2 marks in various Boards. We have minimum cut-off rank of up to 1 Lakh.
- Is there transportation available for the student, from where and what is the Fee?
- Yes, we do provide local transportation facilities through our DIT University buses pickup points in the city such as: –
ISBT to Campus
Raipur to campus
Mohkampur to Campus
Prem Nagar to Campus
Garhi Cantt to Campus
Malik Chowk to Campus
Deal (IRD) to Campus
Babbar Hostel to Campus
Transportation Fee: – Rs.21, 000/- for 10 months
- What are the Hostel Charges?
- Hostel charges are available in fee section of the website.
- What is the fee Structure?
- Fee Details for all programs are available on the admission section of the website.
- Where can I find the placement record?
- Placement record of the university is available on DIT Website.
- Are there any Fee Waiver?
- Yes, Please check scholarship details under the admissions tab of our website.
- I passed XII in 2014, Can I apply for UG Programe?
- Yes, but the maximum gap should be 2 years.
- When to apply for admission?
- Admissions is counselling based for which Online registration is mandatory & available on the home page of our website
- Is there any other source of information regarding the admissions other than the website?
- Website is the primary source of all information regarding admission. Yes, other sources are Education fair where you can meet our counsellors/Call- (Toll free numbers)/Online.
- Do you provide Value added programs?
- Yes, we do provide soft skills, Aptitude Building & value added training programs as well throughout the program.
- The scholarship given in the first year is applicable only for first year or for the entire duration of the program?
- The Scholarship which is given in 1st Year will not be continued in the subsequent years as the scholarship of subsequent year will depends on the performance of the students in those years. For more detail kindly visit the scholarship section of the website.
- Is there any kind of management or NRI quota?
- Yes, we have 10% Quota for NRI/Sponsored candidates. The criterion for admission is only on merit basis. There is NO management quota and NO DONATION.
- The result of the examination is given semester-wise or after completion of BTech program?
- The result is announced semester-wise.
- What all documents the person has to carry at the time of admission?
- High school certificate (for date of birth), Class XII Mark sheet, Transfer certificate (duly verified by DEO-District Education Officer)/Migration, JEE Rank Card, Permanent Address Proof/Domicile Certificate (if applicable), Caste Certificate (If applicable), J&K Migrant Certificate (If Applicable),
Medical Fitness Certificate (By CMO)-The Performa can be downloaded from the website.
Recent 4 passport size colored Photographs.
- Do you provide Text books to the Students? Is the cost of books included in the fee?
- We have a provision of Book Bank under which we issue 6-7 books to every student. Besides there is a well stocked library in the university campus from where students can issue books for 15 days.
- Does University provide any Industrial Tours?
- There is a provision for 7 days Industrial Tour in 2nd year to give wide exposure to students as regards industries are concerned. Besides that we also give them opportunity to visit industries like Infosys, IBM, SAP, Ashok Leyland, Honda Motors, Ranbaxy, Rockmen, Hero, Mahindra & Mahindra etc in subsequent years.
- Do you offer summer training?
- Summer Training is an integral part of all program at DIT University & we facilitate the same.
- What opportunities do you have for extracurricular activities?
- Students enjoy an array of activities organized by several student club. These activities cover a wide range of interests—musical, theatrical, spiritual, literary, political, service related academic, technical and sports related. In addition we organize every year SPHURTI an annual SPORTS event in even semester and YOUTHOPIA, 4 days, an annual (Cultural and Technical) event in odd semester.
- How do I obtain information about the other colleges of the Unison group?
- The best sources of information are the websites of the respective Universities/Institutes. Links to the various institutions of Unison group are given below: DIT University, Dehradun: www.dituniversity.edu.in: IMS Unison University, Dehradun www.iuu.ac, IMS, Noida: www.imsnoida.com, Unison World School, Dehradun www.uws.edu.in.
- How do I contact DIT University?
- You can contact us at the University between 9:30 am to 5:00 pm or you can call on 0135-300-1500, 3000300/301, 307 or Toll Free 1800-200-4100
- How to Reach Us?
- DIT University
Mussoorie Diversion Road,
Landmark –Pacific Mall about 2 Km and Max Super Specialist Hospital towards
- On what basis candidates get the hostel?
- Hostel facility is available but at the time of counselling hostel is given on merit basis. There are separate hostels for boys & girls. Approx 550 seats are available for boys and 350 seats for girls, exclusively for first year students. On the whole 1,200 seats for boys & 450 seats for girls. However separate arrangement for students seeking admission is also being made outside the campus.
- What is the security arrangement in the girls’ hostel?
- A lady security staff remains on duty all the time at the entrance of the hostel. Girls cannot leave hostel premises after 06:00 pm without permission of the warden. No male guest is allowed to go to the room of any of the girls.
- What are the facilities being provided in the campus in form of services for the students?
- There are many, including Sports and Cultural Complex (Volley Ball Court, Basket Ball Court, TT, Billiards, Polo, etc.) arrangement with external cricket & other play grounds, a well-equipped Gymnasium, Music Room, Open Air Theatre, Medical Centre, Cafeteria and Food courts, ATM and on campus, Campus Shop, Book Shop, a truly green and fully networked campus.
- What is the medical facility available for the students?
- We have a medical centre in the campus. Daily two doctors (general physician) visit campus and a panel of medical specialists is also available. A nurse is available round the clock. We have a tie up with MAX Super Specialty Hospital which is available for 24×7 hours for the students.
- What type of companies visit for campus placement regularly?
- DIT University is a destination for well known companies. Some of them are: Infosys, IBM, AMAZON, Wipro, Hike Messenger, Reliance Industries, HP, L&T, GATE, Tech Mahindra, Ashok Leyland, Adobe and many more
- Do you provide Laptops to BTech Students?
- Is BTech programs AICTE/UGC approved?
- DIT University is approved by UGC under section-2(f) of UGC Act. The UGC Committee which comes for the inspection includes AICTE nominees and members also as part of the team. However when it was an institute all branches being accredited by NBA.
- Is there any procedure of Branch change in IInd year of BTech?
- Request for Branch change can be considered in the IInd Year subject to merit and availability of seats.
- When does the session for BTech (2016-17) starts?
- From end of July 2016 onwards. Details can be viewed on announcement section of
- Do we provide scholarship to the meritorious student of DIT University? If yes what is the criteria.
- Yes we do provide. Details can be viewed on scholarship under admissions section of our website.
- If the person has done his XII from distance learning / Open learning / Private, is he eligible to do BTech through DIT University?
- Yes, provided the program is recognized and equivalent to 10+2 examination conducted by CBSE or other recognized Boards like NIOS.
- Will the tuition fee change next year?
- Yes, according to the university policy. All four year fee structure will be given at the time of admissions.
- Can there be a refund of fees after admission or if a student withdraws from the programs?
- Fee Refund Policy is available on DIT website under admissions Section.
- Do you provide Education Loan? Who is eligible for an Education Loan?
- Yes we do provide. Education loan is offered by Oriental Bank of Commerce & Axis Bank. For more details kindly visit our website.
About the PhD Program.
DIT University (DITU), Dehradun offers full-time academic programs leading to the award of PhD degree through its Departments/Faculties. The academic program leading to the PhD degree is broadbased and involves a minimum course credit requirement and a research Thesis. The University also encourages interdisciplinary areas through a system of co-supervision and provides excellent opportunities for such programs. The University undertakes sponsored research and development projects from industrial and other organizations in the public as well as private sector.
- What is the selection criterion for PhD ?
- If student is NET/ or any National Level Test qualified than only presentation followed by Interview otherwise DUET’16 will be conducted and then Interview.
- How many seats available in PhD Program?
- Four seats in each stream except EE is with two seats
- When can I apply for PhD admission?
- March-May 2015 and online registration has been started on our website.
- Where can I get details of PhD Program?
- It is available at: www.dituniversity.edu.in under Doctoral programs.
- What is the eligibility criterion of PhD Program?
- It is available on our University website
- What are the programs offered by DIT University?
- Please check Programmes and Fee details on admission section of our website.
- What is the medium of instruction at DIT University?
- What is the tuition/program fee for the various programs conducted at your University?
- Please check Fee details under the admissions tab of our website.
- Can an NRI/Foreign student pay the programs /tuition fee in Indian Rupees?
- Yes, it is possible.
- Do you have any link International linksup?
- DIT University always tires hard to provoide international standard of education and living . Also we have study abroad program . Student will have an option to transfer to any of the following universities after completing two years of satisfactory study at DITU.
1. North Dakota State Universities, Fargo, ND, USA (www.ndsu.edu)
2. Kansa State University, Manhattan, KA, USA (www.ksu.edu)
3. Gannon University Erie, PA, USA (www.gannon.edu)
4. North Carolina State University, NC, USA (www.ncsu.edu
5. University of Nebraska at Omaha (www.unmaha.edu)
6. Huddersfield University, UK (www.hud.ac.uk)
- What are the eligibility requirements for admission?
- Information available under admission criteria for international students.
- How to apply and from where do I get the registration?
- Online Registration is available through our website. Go to “APPLY ONLINE” to see the registration form.
- How do I send the registration form and required documents?
- Registration form is required to be sent only if it is done through DD. The Name of the candidate with Registration No. & Mobile No. should be mentioned at the back of the DD. Through other payment modes there is no need to send the registration form. However the candidate should carry the hard copy of the registration forms at the time of counselling.
Mussoourie Diversion Road,
Mobile: (+91) 9758391986
Email: email@example.com (Dean International Affairs, Dr M C Bhandari)
- Do you have any agents through whom we can apply?
- NO, we strictly don’t work through any agents or consultants and we don’t have any branch or office anywhere.
- Is there any entrance exam for Foreign students/NRI students?
- Campus is Ragging Free?
- Yes, We have a strict Anti-ragging Policy in place. The Anti-ragging council comprises of several senior faculty who make sure that all policies are enforced in entirety and students do not feel threatened in a new atmosphere.