Department of Petroleum Engineering
About the Department
The Department of Petroleum Engineering aims to provide advanced teaching and research facilities to the students to enable them to create and apply innovative technologies in drilling, production and reservoir engineering as well as efficiently utilize their knowledge and skills to find solutions of any problems related to petroleum industry.
The Department of Petroleum Engineering was established in the year 2011 to make its mark in the Oil and Gas Industries in the country. Subsequent developments, under the able guidance of distinguished educators, scientists and renowned personalities from oil and gas industries, have led the department to the forefront of teaching and research in petroleum engineering.
The unique feature of the course is that the theory classes are supplemented by a compulsory practical training in the oil fields in the summer of every year. Thus the products coming out from the department are tailor-made to suit the requirement of the industry. The recent trends towards use of computers have also made an impact towards simulation study in various oil and gas operations.
The department has well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members and technical personnel. The department has state-of-the-art laboratories and modern infrastructure.
The DIT Student Chapter of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) has been actively involved in organizing a number of activities in the department For more details please visit http://www.ditspe.com/
- Established student chapter of Society of Petroleum Engineers in 2013.
- Successfully organized four annual tech fests under the banner of Society of Petroleum Engineers from 2013 to 2016.
- Establishment of state of art laboratories for research work
- Imparting Value Addition Training for enhanced employability
- Commencement of Soft Skill and Aptitude Building Courses.
- Active participation of Industries in teaching-learning process through industry visits & guest speakers.
- Modern laboratories with latest equipment.