Department of Mechanical Engineering
About the Department
Mechanical engineering is the oldest branch of engineering that has found innumerable applications since prehistoric times .Today as we embark on new technological developments, the field of mechanical engineering has widened tremendously to include Nano Materials & Technology, Renewable Energy, Computer Aided Design and Advance Manufacturing, Robotics, Mechatronics and Industrial Engineering besides conventional core areas.
Mechanical engineers-The Designer of world use principles of science along with tools like computer-aided engineering and product life-cycle management to design and analyze manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, heating and cooling systems, transport systems, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, medical devices. Mechanical engineering has wide spectrum of application in automobile engineering, aerospace engineering, metallurgical engineering, marine engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, petroleum engineering, and chemical engineering.
Automobile Engineering as specialized program of mechanical engineering deals with the study of Automotive-drawing, design and manufacturing of automobile and their respective subsystem. Automobile engineers incorporates elements of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and safety engineering in manufacturing, assembling and operation of automotive vehicles.
India is a home to many Indian and International well established automobile companies. They offer excellent jobs opportunities to develop a career in automobile industry and this in turn creates a strong demands for automobile engineers.
The department came into existence in 1998. The department has highly dedicated, competent and experienced faculty having expertise in different areas like thermal engineering, CFD, metal forming, composite material, CAD, CAM and Tribology. The department has come out with many outstanding research projects both at M.Tech. and Ph.D. level in the field of Mechanical Engineering. The department also has the state of the art advanced lab facility such as Flexible Manufacturing system (FMS), Electric Discharge Machining (EDM) equipment.
The department has an active student’s college club of Society of Automotive Engineering (SAE). Through the club, students participate and organize guest lectures, technical and model making competition, training and workshop.
The department has developed a light weight palky for hills of Uttarakhand under Uttarakhand state Council for Science and Technology (UCOST). Department has also developed a special purpose machine for industry for profile cutting of pipes.
- Accredited twice by NBA
- Three national Conference were conducted on following-
- Emerging trends on non-conventional Energy Resources
- Emerging trends in Energy Engineering
- Recent Technological Developments in Mech. Engg.
- Year Round Expert Lectures delivered by Eminent Professors from India and abroad
- Team Maverick of the Mechanical Engineering Department secured 38th rank all over India out of the 263 participating teams at Efficycle 2014.
- Ecocart, an event project was represented at the Munjal University by DIT University Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Achieved the 9th position in event organized by BAHA INDIA at Indore under the category of “ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE”.
- Achieved the 10th position in event organized by Formula- Student INDIA at Noida in Buddha Circuit.
The following programs are offered :