Department of Information Technology
About the department
All pervading nature of computers and different mobile devices have resulted in huge demand for IT education. Every moment we experience Information Technology around us in one or other form. The IT sector in India is generating 2.5 million direct employments. Here in DIT University Department of IT is one amongst the most admired branch. Department was started in the year 1999 with B. Tech. IT program. At present the department has 500 plus students and rich experienced full time faculty in addition with some distinguished visiting professionals from industry and academia.
Department is helping the students to enhance their IT skills in research & development through a balance in theory and practice.The Department emphasizes on Domain Specific Applications such as – Networks, Information Security, Software Engineering, Operating Systems, Database Management Systems, Image Processing, Cloud Computing etc. to facilitate the students in acquiring higher degree of knowledge, global competency and excellence, for the betterment of the society.
The prime focus of the program is to promote the effective integration of technology with state-of-the-art facilities in teaching and research activities. The curriculum offered by the department focuses on problem solving, design, development and application of various emerging technologies. The courses are designed to cater the ever-changing needs and demands of the IT industry. The program aims to provide the best Information and Communication Technology based solutions and value-added services. The faculty members are highly motivated and devoted in delivering the highest quality professional education to students, and strive to excel in their research areas. The placement record of the department has always been remarkable.
- Department has organized 21 workshops on various technical topics like Big Data, Cloud computing via ICT, Android Application development, IBM Smart Cloud, Information security, Ethical Hacking etc.
- Department is working for Computer Literacy improvement for rural school’s children of Purola Block, Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand, India.
- More than 30 research papers have been published by the faculty members of the department in International, National Conferences and Seminars from 2013-2015.
- Department regularly organizes expert lectures by renowned Academics, Industrialists and Scientists.
- Students of the Department were motivated by a talk on “Changing Corporate Trends” by Mr. Zulfi Ali Bhutto, Business Head – Social Enterprise, Google APAC, 23rd January 2016.
- Department successfully organized a Short Term Course, on “Cloud Computing Technology via ICT”, 12-16th October2016.
- Departement is accreditated by National Bureau of Accreditation.