Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Electronics & Communication has penetrated every walk of today’s lifestyle from home appliances to mobile phones, from computers to security devices (CCTVs etc), from biometric attendance to remote controlled doors and so on. The world today cannot be imagined without electronics in it, thanks to Electronics & Communication Engineers.
Electronics & Communication Engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, development and maintenance of the Electronics & Communication, components, devices, instruments, as well as systems, including works like LANs, Wired, Optical, Mobile, Wireless, Satellite Communication Systems, Consumer Electronics, Diagnostic equipment, Measurement Instruments, and Electronic Warfare. Electronics & Communication Engineering takes place on all levels: in the public sector from municipal through to national governments, and in the private sector from individuals through to international companies.
A degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering prepares a professional to work in various engineering areas, from the sophisticated bio-medical diagnostic equipment to leading-edge fibre optic communications. Computers, Telecommunications, Consumer Electronics etc. Electronics & Communication engineers are involved with the design, development and maintenance of a huge range of systems as well as projects. Their role is central to ensuring the safe, light, user friendly, electronic systems for easing / aiding various walks of life. Electronics & Communication engineers find job openings in many domains namely but not limited to:
|Tele-Communication||VLSI Design||Industrial Automation|
|Consumer Electronics||Electronic Surveillance Systems||Embedded Systems|
|Aeronautical Electronics Systems||Marine Electronics Systems||Power Industry|
|Bio-Medical Diagnostic Equipment||Test & Measurement Industry||Software Development|
|Network Engineering||Mobile Communication||Research & Development|
Electronics & Communication Engineering graduates are also valued in commercial and corporate sectors such as finance, banking and accountancy. An Electronics & Communication Engineering degree would be of great value in operational management, supply chain management, procurement, intellectual property, logistics and after-sales management as well.
The Electronics & Communication Engineering Department was started in the year of 1998 offering Under Graduate course in Electronics & Communication Engineering with an intake capacity of 60 students at the erstwhile Dehradun Institute of Technology, the Department has a rich tradition of research and teaching. Our students gain edge over others in terms of the holistic development of their personalities which has resulted in satisfied career’s ranging from design engineers to technocrats, our students go for higher education from many of the premier institutions of India like the IIMs, IITs, NITs etc. Many of our undergraduate (in addition to postgraduate and research scholars) have published and presented research articles at various journals and conferences of International & National repute. extending the research to file a patent(s).
The department offers two programs at the undergraduate level and two programs at the postgraduate level namely MTech in Electronics & Communication Engineering, MTech in Digital Communication program in addition to the Ph D program in various specializations of Electronics & Communication Engineering. The Department has strong research programmes leading to Ph.D. degree in all the areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering. Our Ph.D. scholars are currently engaged in cutting edge research in the Department. In addition to the well equipped curriculum related state-of-the-art laboratories and modern infrastructure, the Department has many state of the art facilities for assisting research and development in Optical Communication, Antennas, Communication, VLSI, RF Engineering, Digital Signal Processing, Image Processing and Wireless Technology. The Department has one ongoing sponsored research project funded by DRDO. The department has well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members and lab staff. The Department also encourages its faculty and staff members to upgrade their knowledge, qualification and exposure by sending them to various development programs, conferences of International & National repute.
Achievements of the Department
- Has been accredited thrice by NBA
- Has organized an International World Conference on Communication and Control (CACCS-2013)
- Has organized two National Level Conferences one in 2014 and one in 2015.
- Is a nodal centre for ICT based Short Term Courses conducted by National Institute for Technical Teacher Training & Research, Chandigarh, so far the department has hosted about 10 courses.
- Is a nodal centre for ICT based outreach program conducted by Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, ISRO, Dehradun, so far the department has hosted about 3 courses.
- Organizes 2 to 3 tool (software) based training programs every semester for students and faculty alike for upgrading the skills of the students, tools like Matlab, Mentor Graphic Suite, OptiBPM, HFSS, Labview
- Organizes 2 to 3 Expert lectures every semester for students and faculty by speakers of International fame.
- Has more than 200 publications by the faculty members of the department in International, National Conferences & Seminars.
- Has more than 50 publications by the Undergraduate students of the department in International, National Conferences & Seminars.
- Has more than 75 publications by the Postgraduate students of the department in International, National Conferences & Seminars.
- The faculty members are on panel for many Project Bodies of various departments of Government of India, & State Government.
- The faculty members are on advisory or are resource persons of many International, National Conferences, Seminars, Workshops.
- Some of our star performers in CAT 2015 exam – Bhaskar (percentile 98.11), Rupesh Kumar (percentile 97.47), and Niharika (percentile 91).
The following programs are offered :