Department of Electrical Engineering
About the Department
Electrical engineering generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism.
This field first became an identifiable occupation in the latter half of the 19th century after commercialization of the electric telegraph, the telephone, and electric power distribution and use. It now covers a wide range of sub-fields including electronics, digital computers, power engineering, telecommunications, control systems, RF engineering, and signal processing. Electrical engineering may include electronic engineering. Where a distinction is made, usually electrical engineering is considered to deal with the problems associated with systems such as electric power transmission and electrical machines, whereas electronic engineering deals with the study of electronic systems including computers, communication systems, integrated circuits, and radar. From a different point-of-view, electrical engineers are usually concerned with using electricity to transmit electric power, while electronic engineers are concerned with using electricity to process information. The sub-disciplines can overlap, for example, in the growth of power electronics, and the study of behavior of large electrical grids under the control of digital computers and electronics.
Departement provides the holistic education to provide a sound academic and technical infrastructure augmented with extra-curricular facilities to ensure the all-round development of the students.
Beside the regular course curriculum the departement is intended to provide the Value Added Training ,Aptitude Building,Soft Skills,Foreign Language Courses & Industrial visits to enhance the employability of the students.
Electrical Engineering Department was established in year 1998 and it is running the following programs:
- B.Tech (Electrical Engineering)
- M.Tech (Electrical Engineering)
- PhD (Electrical Engineering)
- Department has created its own website http://eedofdit.weebly.com where students have access to notes, tutorials, notices, lab manuals, syllabus etc.
- The department has organized an International World conference on Communication and Control (CACCS-2013).
- The department has so far organized 9 workshops in collaboration with UREDA regarding “Electrical Safety Measures”
- The department has so far organized 5 training programmes related to MATLAB, Multisim
- More than 70 papers have so far been published by the faculty members of the department in International, National Conferences and Seminars.
- Prof. Gagan Singh has been awarded as “Young Scientist Award” in Uttaranchal state first science congress by UCOST, Government of Uttaranchal
- Departement is accreditated by Institute of Engineers
- Departement is accreditated by National Bureau of Accreditation