Department of Computer Applications
About the department
Department of Computer Applications has been established to design and offer courses with the twin objective of producing world class computer professionals to keep pace with the R & D activities in this fast emerging and changing field of computer applications. Ever since its inception in 2001, Department of Computer Applications strives to meet the computing needs of different sectors and offering specially designed courses to their students
MCA Graduates typically get employed in organizations engaged in medium to large-scale software development. Initially graduates are employed in technical areas such as programming, system analysis and design, internet systems development. They are well-prepared for progression into project leadership and management position as their experience develops. MCA from DITU equips you to play a key role in the advancement of this technology, as a software engineer, system manager or information technology (IT) application specialist and offers the opportunity of attaining a high level of knowledge and practical skills in computing.
After getting an MCA degree, one can enter any of the following roles: Software Developer /Programmer /Engineer, Troubleshooter System Analyst, Software Application Architect, Software Consultant, Hardware Engineer, Technical Writer, Systems Developer/Engineer, Web Designer and Developer.
The Department of Computer Applications aims at imparting skills required by the global IT industry, through interactive learning process which includes audio-visual presentations, team building and personality development programmes. Extra effort is being given to enhance the analytical and communication skills by providing classes on aptitude and communication skills by dedicated faculties from in-house and outside experts.
- Seminars, workshops, conferences are frequently arranged so that the students can keep pace with upcoming technologies.
- Active participation of Industries in teaching-learning process through industry visits & guest speakers
- Well-equipped class rooms with hi-tech LCD projectors which supports modern learning and teaching processes.
- Specialized software training by industry experts.
- University Curriculum is complimented by PDP and Value Added Courses.
- To rejuvenate the students, frequent tours for recreation are arranged.
- Merit based scholarships
- Compulsory soft skill & aptitude building training as an integral part of Curriculum.
The following programs are offered :