Refund & Withdrawal Policy
Admission Withdrawal/Cancellation and Fee Refund policy
Procedure for Admission Withdrawal
- All applications for Admission Withdrawal, Hostel or Transportation withdrawal shall be submitted through SAP Student Portal ONLY available at DIT University’s website.
- The SAP Student Portal User ID and password have been given along with the Provisional Admission letter issued at the time of Counseling.
- The following refund policy will apply ONLY if the student has properly intimated the University through SAP Student Portal about his/her withdrawal.
- In case the admission is cancelled due to non-payment of remaining dues by the due date mentioned in the respective Provisional Admission Letter, or, the student absents himself/herself from the University without any intimation, then the above below policy for refund shall not be applicable and the whole amount deposited will be forfeited.
Fee Deposit Schedule
- The last date for payment of remaining fee for new Admissions will be as mentioned in the respective Provisional Admission letter.
- The fee is calculated and charged annually, but for the convenience of the students, payment is facilitated in two installments except in the final year.
Admission Withdrawal, Cancellation & Refund Rules
Refund Policy for Registration Fee
- Registration Fee of Rs. 1, 250/- is non-refundable.
Refund Policy for Program Fee
- Admission/Counseling Fee as mentioned in the fee structure for the respective admission category is non-refundable in any case.
- The dates mentioned in this Policy will apply irrespective of the date of admission.
- If the admission is withdrawn on or before 31 July, 2016, then the entire fee deposited shall be refunded after deduction of Non-refundable Admission/Counseling Fee as mentioned in the fee structure for the respective admission category.
- If the admission is withdrawn after 31st July, 2016, but before 31st August 2016, the refund will be processed after reviewing the admission status as on 1st September 2016, depending upon the availability of vacant seats after withdrawals in the same category. If there is a vacancy in the particular program, no refund shall be made except the caution money.
- The amount refundable shall be calculated on the basis of date of submission of application for withdrawal and the number of seats vacant in the same category as on 1st September, 2016. The decision shall be on “First- come First- served” basis. All refunds shall be calculated on pro-rata basis of Annual Academic Fee i.e. including both installments, after deducting non- refundable fee.
- If the admission is withdrawn after 31st August, 2016 irrespective of the date of the admission, No refund shall be made except the caution money.
- Every branch change after admission shall attract a branch change fee of Rs.1000/-.
Refund Policy for Hostel, Mess & Laundry Fee
- If the student withdraws before the commencement of classes, only Rs. 1,000/- will be deducted as processing charges and balance shall be refunded.
- If the student withdraws from In-campus Hostels after the commencement of classes (irrespective of the date of admission and irrespective of whether the candidate has occupied room or not), the complete hostel fee shall be forfeited. In such cases only Mess fee & Laundry fee shall be refunded on pro rata basis @ Rs. 3,500/- per month.
- If the student has availed hostel facility even for one day in a calendar month, then Mess & Laundry fee for that calendar month shall also be deducted.
- In case of withdrawal from City Campus hostels, only Mess Fee will be refunded on pro rata basis @ Rs. 2,500/- per month.
Refund policy for Transport Fee
- If the student withdraws before the commencement of classes, only Rs.500/- shall be deducted as processing charges and balance shall be refunded.
- If the student withdraws after the commencement of classes, then refund shall be calculated on pro-rata basis @ Rs.2, 000/- per month.
- If a student has availed transportation facility even for one day in a calendar month, then Transport fee for that calendar month shall also be deducted.
- Withdrawal will be applicable from the next month of the application submission date.
Admission Cancellation Policy
- In case of non-payment of remaining fee by due date, the provisional admission shall stand cancelled.
- All students are admitted provisionally till they deposit all prescribed fees, pass certificates as per eligibility criteria, Migration Certificate, other certificates as applicable and mentioned in the provisional admission letter.
- Any student who does not comply with any of the above conditions within the stipulated time, the University shall have the right to cancel his/her admission.
- While calculating the refund, if there are any dues in any account of the student, the same will be adjusted first and then the balance amount will be refunded to the student.
- The late fee rules mentioned on DIT University’s website would be applicable from second installment onwards ONLY.
- The University is not responsible for any delay in transit involved in receipt and delivery of any communication between the university and the applicant.
- Those who are given provisional admission in spite of their not having the qualifying examination result must submit the said result (meeting the eligibility criteria) before Sep. 30th 2016, failing which their Provisional admission will stand cancelled and No refund shall be made except for caution money.
- No interest is paid on refund of any fees/deposit.
- The University reserves the right to modify and amend refunds policies.
- All disputes are subject to the legal jurisdiction of Dehradun Courts only.