DIT University uses cutting edge technological computing facilities for education and research with over 1400 latest computers including 30 Apple MAC Desktops, 30 All-in-ones and 50 high end HP Workstations, 80 Mbps Internet connectivity and state-of- the art hardware and software. We ensure high quality education at University.
Some Important Highlights:
- The University has 80 Mbps Internet bandwidth to facilitate entire university.
- Wi-Fi facility in entire campus & Hostels, with latest technology & standard i.e., 802.11n.
Presently, 300+ WAPs have been installed in the Campus to set up Wi-Fi zones in all important places and departments in the University.
- All the users in the University are authenticated through Cyberoam Firewall.
- Cyberoam UTM is being used to check on Viruses, Worms, Trojans, Spams, Intrusions, Indiscriminate surfing, Spyware, Phishing and Pharming, Bandwidth Abuse etc. at servers’ level.
- Over 1400 Computers including 30 Macs and 50 high-end workstations for research purposes on DITU Network.
- The power back up to the servers and Computer Labs has been provided through on-line UPS with 100 AH maintenance free batteries with 6 hours back up.
- Modern tech-savvy Language Lab.
- 18 Nos. of computer Labs with latest Desktops with LAN & Internet Facility.
- License Software’s under Microsoft Campus Agreement.
- Microsoft server 2012 Datacenter, Microsoft System Center Datacenter. Microsoft server 2008 Std. MS Exchange 2013, Windows OS 8.1 & 7 professional, Office 2013, Visual Studio Professional 2012, Etc.
- Other License Software’s: AutoCAD 2015, with 125 numbers of license. METLAB and SIMULINK with 60 numbers of license.
- The high quality persistent bandwidth offers high speed and uninterrupted 80 Mbps Internet connectivity from anywhere on the campus through the campus LAN with Load Balancing & Network Redundancy Technology.
- The bandwidth is sourced from Reliance Communications and Airtel to ensure maximum uptime. A strict policy to ensure the highest level of network health and safety is in place.
- Qualified IT Manager with technical savvy team.
- Data Center: DIT builds and maintains a host of collaboration systems, normally website and portals, facilitating global exchange of knowledge and ideas among students, faculty, recruiters and the alumni. Access to the library, extensive online database is facilitated by the high tech datacenter.
SAP ERP System for centralize IT services to campus as well as outside campus, which includes portal facility to students and staff.
- Microsoft Campus Agreement & MSDN Academic Alliance: The Microsoft Academic Alliance increases the access, educators and students have to technology in order to help them improve teaching and learning and adapt to the evolving demands of the global economy. The professional-level developer and designer software and tools that are available through the MSDN Academic Alliance not only enhances a student’s educational experience, it also gives them a head start on their professional careers by helping familiarize them with the tools and practices they will need to use once they seek employment.
Audio Visual Facilities
The AV Center is equipped with modern audio- visual equipment. The video conferencing facilities are used for placement services, online seminars, especially with partner Institutions as also for educational and business conferences.
Campus on Move Program from Hewlett Packard
Oracle (OCP), Net Technology and Communication Technology (Using MATLAB) – DIT has signed an MoU with HP for training and software development. Under this program HP has been providing training to our students and faculty members on emerging technologies. Besides this on-line.
Prometric Certification Courses for .Net, Oracle (OCP), Communication Technology, GIS, Java etc. are also conducted to prepare the students for the current needs of the industry beyond the university curriculum.
CISCO Network Academy at DIT
Cisco Network Academy at DIT is a unique initiative by Cisco Systems and DIT to train students and faculty on practical aspects of networking technologies so that they are better prepared for industry requirements. Cisco offers entire training contents through e-learning courses include CCNA and CCNP certification. DIT has certified CISCO trainers for these certifications.
Red Hat at DIT
This program offers entire training content through e-learning to students and faculty on the Linux platform. The program includes RHCP certification.