Definition of Ragging
“ Any conduct by any student or students, whether by word spoken or written or by an act, which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.”
Exploiting the students for completing academic task and financial extortion.
Any act of physical abuse including all its variants – sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health of a person.
Any act that prevents disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of other students.
Ragging is a cognizable offence and DIT University will not hesitate to take stern action against offenders.
Measures Taken by DIT University
- Educating /updating the students in the beginning of each academic session about the zero tolerance for ragging.
- Strictly enforcing the UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009.
- Each student as well as his/her parents/guardian are mandatorily required to submit separate undertakings in the form of an affidavit to the effect that they are aware of the prohibition of ragging and the punishment prescribed both under penal laws as well as under these regulations.
- Anti-ragging hoardings, banners, billboards are displayed at prominent places
Surprise checks of premises carried out regularly.
- Liaison is maintained with the local police to guard against the incident of ragging.
- All freshers are provided with separate badges. Daily briefing is carried out.
- University constitutes Anti-Ragging Committees and Anti-Ragging Squads for overseeing the strict implementation of all directives.
- In case any student encounter ragging by any of the senior students, he/she is immediately required to contact the members of the anti-ragging committee, who will take an immediate corrective action and necessary proceedings will be initiated against the culprits engaged in ragging activities.
Punishment For Ragging
- Lodging FIR against offender.
- Rigorous Imprisonment for up to 3 years (under court of law).
- Fine up to Rs. 2,50,000/- (up to 2.5Lac).
- Rustication from DIT University for varying periods.
- Expulsion from the DIT University and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Cancellation of Admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding /withdrawing of scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing for any test/examination / placement activities organized by the DIT University.
- Withholding of results.
- Debarring from representing the DIT University in any National or International meet, tournament and festival.
- Suspension /Expulsion from the hostel.
For downloading the declaration and undertaking form please Click here
(Mandatory for registration of all students)