“You make a living by what you get; but you make a life by what you give” – Winston Churchill.
Our infrastructure, facilities, teaching methodologies and academic rigor make sure that DIT University retains a special place in the academic landscape of northern India and in the heart of those who live, study and teach here.
The object of corporate social responsibility is to allow the students and faculty to actively participate in outreach program initiatives where they can contribute their knowledge, skills and technical expertise to the community. CSR at the University encourages and propels students to imbibe the qualities of enlightened leadership and thereby instills in them a level of trust and confidence about themselves and the community. This program enables students to serve the underprivileged section of the society and enhance their quality of life by willingly contributing skills and knowledge.
Being an educational establishment it has been our endeavour to improve the state of education at least in Uttarakhand. Apart from giving financial aid, we have been making constant efforts to educate people around us and making them aware about the various advancements in technology & research so as to empower them & making them self-reliant.
- To integrate and add value to the existing CSR course at the University through collaborations with Corporate CSR.
- To empower students to share knowledge and skills to improve systems of management for the benefit of partner organizations.
- Organizing CSR activities by encouraging the poor children and old age people of rural background for social upliftment.
- To develop and initiate collaborations with stakeholders for strategic inventions in the community in the areas of health, education, community development, and environment.
Objectives of Corporate Social Responsibility:
- The object of corporate social responsibility is to allow the students and faculty to actively participate in outreach program initiatives where they can contribute their knowledge, skills and technical expertise to the community.
- CSR at the University encourages and propels students to imbibe the qualities of enlightened leadership and thereby instills in them a level of trust and confidence about themselves and the community.
- This program enables students to serve the underprivileged section of the society and enhance their quality of life by willingly contributing skills and knowledge.
Corporate Social Responsibility Undertaken by DIT University:
As an organization we have been very sensitive towards the social issues prevailing in our society, and have been actively involved in various CSR activities since inception:
- Adoption of an orphanage by the name of Cheshire homes where we regularly supply rations & other aids.
- Provision of fee concessions/waiver in the form of scholarships for our students who are meritorious but belong to a poor background and can’t afford education.
- Distribution of computer systems in nearby villages and educating them accordingly.
- Making gratuitous donations to various charitable organizations actively addressing social issues.
- As a matter of policy we also provide flat 26% concession in fee to the students who belong to our state community.
- Various workshops based on different themes for the children of Xth & XIIth standard are conducted.
- We had also conducted a community project in collaboration with Kansas State University & IOWA State University. In the said project we had worked on providing solar street lights, dehydration of fruits using solar energy & rain water harvesting.
- We have also conducted a workshop for mini & micro hydro power stations of Uttarakhand. In the said workshop the skilled labor of UREDA (mostly villagers) were invited so as to train them about the mini & micro hydro power stations.
- We have also been organizing pharmacy week every year, wherein we conduct various health awareness programs in nearby villages.
DIT University has conducted following CSR Programmes:
- Three months Entrepreneurship Skill Development Programme on AUTOCAD was organized jointly with NIESBUD. Programme was meant for outside unemployed science and engineering / diploma youths. The idea was to enhance their skills to enable them to get employment or self employment. Programme was conducted from 11th Dec. 2014 to 4th March 2015.
- Three days Programme on “Screen” Printing was organized at DIT University. It was meant for outside unemployed XII class pass boys to enhance their skills. They may start their own enterprise. Programme was conducted from 21th to 25th July 2015
- Three days Workshop on “Turning” for the students of Xth & XIIth standard was conducted for imparting them technical skills. It was organized at Central Work shop of DIT University from 28th to 30th Sep. 2015
- A Workshops “Ansys” organized jointly with CETPA at DIT University for enhancing the skills of Engineering / Diploma students of various nearby colleges. Programme was on 17th Oct. 20 15.
- A Programme on “Solid Works “organized jointly with CETPA for enhancing the skills of Engineering /Diploma students of various nearby students at DIT University on 21st Nov. 2015
- Two weeks Faculty Development Programme on” Industrial Machines Design” jointly with CETPA at DIT University. It was a faculty training programme for Engineering/ Diploma colleges. FDP was from 17th to 19th Dec.2015